- Each lot shall be used only for residential purposes. No building shall be erected,
altered, placed or permitted to remain on any lot other than one single-family dwelling.
- The minimum size of the inhabitable area of a residential structure shall be
feet for a one-story house or 2300 square feet for a two-story house. Basements, walkout
basements, open porches and garages are not considered inhabitable areas in determining
the minimum size of a residential structure.
- No lot shall be further subdivided into smaller lots or parcels for the purpose of
providing additional building sites. However, nothing in the restrictions shall be
construed so as to prevent a residential building from being erected on a parcel or
parcels of land with an area greater than a single lot in said subdivision.
- Buildings to be erected, placed or altered shall conform to the general style, color and
location of the existing homes in the subdivision. No buildings shall be erected, placed
or altered on any lot or lots in this subdivision until the plans, specifications,
location and plot grading plans have been approved in writing by the developer, or its
successor, assigns or designated agent.
- No building structure shall be located nearer the street line than the designated set
back line of 25 feet as indicated on the plat. All side and rear yards shall be in
conformance with the zoning regulations in force in the City of Sidney.
- No building with a concrete block, log or imitation log exterior shall be constructed or
built on any lot. No premanufactured homes shall be permitted in the subdivision.
- Gravel and dirt driveways are prohibited.
- Only open-type fences or hedge, not to exceed 4 feet in height above
ground-level, shall be erected or planted on any building site; and shall not extend
closer to the street than the front wall of the house. City requirements on fencing
enclosed swimming pools must prevail.
- No detached garages, storage buildings or sheds shall be permitted on any lot within the
- Exterior materials for all residences shall be of at least 70% brick or cementious
materials. All roof lines shall have a roof pitch of 6/12 or
- No sign of any kind shall be displayed to the public view on any lot except:
A) One sign of not more than 2 square feet advertising the property
for sale; B) and signs used by the developers to advertise the
property for sale.
- No obnoxious or offensive activity of any kind shall be engaged in or on any lot, nor
shall any owner or occupant thereof engage in any activity that interferes with the quiet
enjoyment, comfort and health of the residents.
- No animals, livestock or poultry of any kind shall be raised, bred or kept on any lot
except for dogs, cats or other household pets, providing that they are not kept, bred or
maintained for commercial purposes. Exterior compounds, cages or kennels for the keeping
of housepets or hunting dogs are prohibited.
- No inoperable motor vehicle; no trailer, motorhome, camper or recreational vehicles;
boat or boat trailer; snowmobile or snowmobile trailer; aircraft; or motorcycle; nor any
truck larger than three-quarter ton shall be parked on any lot for more than 72 hours
during any 30-day period, unless stored wholly within a private garage.
- Each and every lot and house thereon shall be maintained by the owner in accordance with
the general standards of maintenance prevailing throughout the subdivision. All lots shall
be kept free of debris and clutter. Lawns shall be kept mowed.
- When construction begins, the residence must be completed within one year, including
landscaping, unless completion is impossible or would result in great hardship to the
owner. Extensions must be approved by the developer.
- Any owner of any lot shall be entitled to prosecute any proceedings at law or in equity
provided herein against any person or entity violating or attempting to violate any of the
covenants, conditions or restrictions contained herein.
- These conditions, limitations and restrictions set forth herein shall be considered part
of any contract, deed, lease or instrument relating to any lot in the Westlake
Estates and the acceptance of any contract, deed, lease or instrument relating herein shall operate as a
covenant to use the premises in conformity with the conditions, limitations and
restrictions herein set forth which are for the use and benefit or every person who shall
or may become the owner of or have any title to any lot located in Westlake Estates
- The foregoing reservations, restrictions, conditions, covenants, obligations and charges
may be changed, modified, altered, amended or annulled at any time upon the action, in
writing, of the owners of a three-fourths (3/4) majority of the lots.
- Should any one or more of the foregoing restriction, covenants or conditions at any time
in the future be held to be illegal, void or unenforceable, such fact shall not in any way
impair the validity of any of the other restrictions, covenants or conditions, all of
which shall remain in full force and effect.
- The covenants, conditions and restrictions imposed are for the benefit of all the lot
owners and are to run with the land, and shall be binding on all parties and persons
claiming under such lot owners until July 1, 2010, at which time these covenants shall be
automatically extended for successive periods of ten (10) years, unless they are
terminated by a three-fourths (3/4) majority vote of the homeowners within the
- All building construction shall be subject to inspection and approval by the City of
Sidney in accordance with established building regulations.
- All lots having frontage on the body of water herein after known as Westlake and
designated as lot number 6550 shall become a part of the Westlake Maintenance Association
and be subject to said Associations articles or incorporation, declaration of
covenants, conditions, restrictions and regulations.
- Lot number 6550 is not a residential building.
Back to the Top